Mac's ride is a 2008 Russian Ural Patrol. This model comes from the factory with a sidecar set up, ready to roll.
Bike specs - the factory stuff
- 750 cc engine, horizontally opposed twin cylinders, originally a knock-off of a 30's era BMW airhead. Many new improvements have been made to the original 650 cc lump, ignition updated, fuel system, etc., but still very much like a vintage BMW in appearance.
- Current models feature disc brakes up front and drums on the rear.
- The tranny is a 4-speed and gearing is configured to provide comfortable cruising speeds of around 55-60 mph, plenty for touring and exploring back roads over any type of terrain.
- The really good part is the selectable sidecar drive - 2wd - and reverse too, both features ensure that Ural Patrol pilots can go nearly anywhere.
- It's not always easy to find accurate information on Urals but the most common guess on horsepower puts it somewhere in the mid-40s, adequate for tooling around but probably not the best choice for Interstate freeway travel.
- Fuel consumption runs around 32-35 mpg at normal cruising speeds. At least that's what I've been told... I think...
Farkles - Dealer installed
- 2 Powerlets, one for heated clothing and one for the GPS.
- Clear windshield
- Leg Guards
- Army green fuel canister
- Camo tire cover
Farkles - Mac installed
- Camo bike cover
- Repair Manual
- Heated gloves