About Larry

I live in Bandon on the southern Oregon coast and I've been riding for a long, long time, years, decades. We won't go there kiddies but believe me, it's been awhile. During that time I've done most of my riding on the road with occasional off-road forays, most of which were intentional. Some weren't. Until just a couple of years ago I'd never ridden a hack - that's sidecar to those who aren't familiar with the lingo. I figure riding a hack up Alaska's infamous Haul road all the way to Deadhorse should top off my torture tank for quite awhile.

About Mac

Mac hails from Robins, Iowa and has been riding bikes longer than most people have been around. He managed to torture his old BMW past the 100,000 mile mark and presently rides a Yamaha FJR. His newest ride, a 2008 Ural Patrol is waiting on the dealer's highest shelf until the flood waters recede after which they'll assemble it and turn it over to him. The fact that he's heading to Alaska for his first journey on a new rig should tell you all you need to know about him...

Saturday, August 9, 2008

August 9th - Epilog (Epiblog?) Where the heck is Mac?

I checked my email this morning and opened one from Joe dated 2 days ago and it goes like this:




"Boy, nice guy you are......Mac broke down in the middle of no where. Lost electrical power to the engine. Bottom line.......no spark. Had to get a truck and was hauled back to Eureka MT which is just across the border in MT. Don't have all the details but he has a truck rented to take him and the bike some where close to have it worked on. . Part will be flow in ASAP from Washington. Not sure how long he is going to be there......... Long story so he can fill you in when he gets home. Will keep you informed as the story unfolds........... Might just have to head that way myself...Think he was having a beer so its not all bad..........joe"



I'll post the news as soon as I have any, in the mean time there's hope as long as there's beer. The photo's of my good luck mascot which I found abandoned somewhere along the Whistler route. Mac was disgusted by the whole notion but hey, I made it home eh?

No comments: