About Larry

I live in Bandon on the southern Oregon coast and I've been riding for a long, long time, years, decades. We won't go there kiddies but believe me, it's been awhile. During that time I've done most of my riding on the road with occasional off-road forays, most of which were intentional. Some weren't. Until just a couple of years ago I'd never ridden a hack - that's sidecar to those who aren't familiar with the lingo. I figure riding a hack up Alaska's infamous Haul road all the way to Deadhorse should top off my torture tank for quite awhile.

About Mac

Mac hails from Robins, Iowa and has been riding bikes longer than most people have been around. He managed to torture his old BMW past the 100,000 mile mark and presently rides a Yamaha FJR. His newest ride, a 2008 Ural Patrol is waiting on the dealer's highest shelf until the flood waters recede after which they'll assemble it and turn it over to him. The fact that he's heading to Alaska for his first journey on a new rig should tell you all you need to know about him...

Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 11th - Back down the Haul road, Telegraph Cove & WFP logging









































Heading south today, fixed the digital display bracket with electrical tape and hope it holds for awhile.
Met some people in Port Hardy, two weird guys hanging around the bike and one nice gal who rides a Honda Shadow. She suggested stopping at Telegraph Cove to see the local sites so I did. Big WFP log operation and some touristy stuff for boaters. I ended the day at Elk Falls above Campbell River again, nice provincial park for $15 per night. Wish they had showers though...pheww







No comments: