About Larry

I live in Bandon on the southern Oregon coast and I've been riding for a long, long time, years, decades. We won't go there kiddies but believe me, it's been awhile. During that time I've done most of my riding on the road with occasional off-road forays, most of which were intentional. Some weren't. Until just a couple of years ago I'd never ridden a hack - that's sidecar to those who aren't familiar with the lingo. I figure riding a hack up Alaska's infamous Haul road all the way to Deadhorse should top off my torture tank for quite awhile.

About Mac

Mac hails from Robins, Iowa and has been riding bikes longer than most people have been around. He managed to torture his old BMW past the 100,000 mile mark and presently rides a Yamaha FJR. His newest ride, a 2008 Ural Patrol is waiting on the dealer's highest shelf until the flood waters recede after which they'll assemble it and turn it over to him. The fact that he's heading to Alaska for his first journey on a new rig should tell you all you need to know about him...

Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13th - Nuts 'N Bolts

No peekshurs today mon, jus messin aroun wi' da hack... today was one of those maintenance days, had to do a few repairs on the rig, replaced some missing nuts and bolts due to the ride up the Winter Harbour haul road. The guys in the local auto parts store fixed me up with what I needed plus I bought some rubbing compound and wax. Both the hack and bike looked terrible so I power washed them and of course after that they needed more TLC. All in all they're not so bad although they'll never look like new again. The haul road in AK will probably do them both in but that's what they're all about eh? No trailer queens in my world, just working rigs.

News Flash: 7:15pm Sunday: Mac just called, he and Joe are about 250 miles out and will be at the KOA around 2:30pm tomorrow. Presuming the Italian beast behaves we'll meet up there, and maybe if I arrive early I'll get the best tent site? Film at eleven...

No comments: